We are excited to be meeting together in person again! As a church staff, we recognize that the decision to join us for in-person Sunday Services has unique considerations for each person or family. Please feel free to join us for in-person or online services. If you have any questions about regathering, please reach out to Sarah Riddle.
Q: Where and when will we meet?
We will return to our usual (pre-COVID) meeting time of 4:00pm every Sunday (starting July 5th). We will meet outdoors on the side lawn at First Parish in order to encourage a optimal social distancing and air flow, minimizing possible transmission. You can enter through either of the gates on Winter or Parish Streets.
Q: Will the service still be online?
Yes! We recognize that people may choose to stay home for a number of reasons, and we want to encourage you to do what is best for the safety and mental wellbeing of yourself and your family. We will continue to livestream our Sunday Services here (link will be added).
Q: What precautions are you taking to decrease the risk of transmission?
You will see a number of changes to our service, including:
- When you enter, greeters will show you to the seating area and inform you of any safety precautions.
- Hygene stations with hand sanitizer and additional masks will be available.
- We require that everyone wear a face covering, except children under 2 and those with medical condition that prevents this.
- When being seated, please ensure to leave at least 6 feet of space between yourself and anyone else not in your immediate family.
- We will use a sign-in sheet to ensure contact tracing if necessary.
- Services will be abbreviated, usually around 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Giving will continue online only for tithes and offerings, the Benevolence Fund, and other special gifts.
- All indoor or common surfaces will be disinfected before and after service.
- If you are feeling sick, exhibiting symptoms, or at risk, we encourage you to join us for our livestream service from home.
Q: Do I need to bring anything?
Please bring a mask or face covering (we will have extra if needed). We also encourage you to bring your own lawn chair or blanket to sit on. Seating will be on a fairly level grassy lawn. Limited picnic table seating is available if necessary.
Q: Will there be a bathroom available?
Yes! You are welcome to use the first floor bathroom inside First Parish. This is the only area of the building that will be accessible. We ask that children under 10 years old be accompanied by a parent in order to prevent unsafe behavior.
Q: Will we serve communion?
Yes! For those who wish to participate, we will serve communion in single-serve, self-contained communion packets. These will be distributed as safely as possible by staff or trained volunteers using proper protocols.
Q: Will there be any nursery or children's programming?
At this time, we will not be providing any children's programming or nursery. We encourage parents to bring quiet activities that children can enjoy during the service.
Q: What happens if it rains?
In the case of rain or other inclement weather, we will not meet in person, but will still livestream the service at the normal time of 4:00pm at the link above.